Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 11 months
With general guidance and coaching, participates in developing and executing test scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing. Develops test cases, scenarios and scripts to ensure applications quality. Designs and develops usability testing scenarios, and administers portions of testing process. Defines criteria for testing, analyzes results of testing sessions and presents results. Participates in selection of testing tools and approaches. Utilizes appropriate testing tools and testing processes on projects and assists in building test environments. .
Top Three Skills/Experience:
- 5+ years experience in Quality Assurance testing with a focus in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Testing. QA Testing experience must be in a manual testing environment, not an automated testing environment that predominantly utilizes testing tools, such as Quality Center or Rational Tools. The bulk of our testing work is performed by manually creating and executing testing cases and SQL.
- 5+ years experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Ability to determine the types of testing that must be conducted (i.e., data validation, regression, etc.), including evaluating the testability of requirements, and create a comprehensive test plan that supports the business and technological solutions being delivered.
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing concepts, such as slowly changing dimensions (SCD), Change Data Capture (CDC), and relational and dimensional data modeling techniques.
- 5+ years experience in data analysis, including profiling, auditing, balancing, and reconciliation, in an information technology operating environment.
- 5+ years Oracle experience.
- 3+ Years experience with Unix.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to convert requirements documents (Business Requirements, Functional and Technical Requirements) into test strategies/plans, test scenarios and test cases, including appropriate SQL scripts to execute testing cases.
- Ability to evaluate the ¿testability of requirements and reports to project team memberís changes or additional information needed in requirements.
- Ability to coordinate test execution across multiple teams.
- Defect tracking experience (i.e. ClearQuest or HP Service Center).
- Experience in tuning SQL queries for performance improvements.
- Proficiency with the following Informatica tools
- Informatica PowerCenter.
- Workflow Manager.
- Mapplet Designer.
- Workflow Monitor.
- Source Analyzer.
- Informatica PowerExchange.
Soft Skills Required:
- Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes while maintaining urgency in completing assigned tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Will be responsible for explaining and validating test results to peers as well as clients
- Must be able to question the work of others to ensure accuracy and be able to defend theories and methodologies used to create individual results
- Extensive creativity is required
- 2+ years experience with Cognos (Version 8 or higher)
- General business knowledge of any of the major subject areas listed below:
- Medical claims
- Pharmacy claims
- Knowledge of following tools/applications are a plus:
- Toad for Oracle
- Toad for Data Analysts
- MS Office Suite
- Specific experience working with the BCBSM Enterprise Data Warehouse is a plus
- Working knowledge of scheduling tools (examples below):
- Working knowledge of Rational Tools (examples below):
- Clear Quest
- Functional Tester
- Quality Manager
- Requisite Pro
- Test Manager
- Prior Mainframe experience is a plus
Educational Requirements: Bachelorís Degree in related field preferred.
Yearsí Experience: 5+
Please send me your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks & Regards,
DTW concentrates on building social groups, Social relationship among Indians who are in Michigan. In today‚Äôs world, where Information plays a vital role to keep ourselves updated, DTW is the only source to keep you run well. The sole purpose of this site is to serve Indian living in Michigan in a best possible way. The main intention behind developing this website is helping people, to know our own people In Business listings you can find many Indian Businesses, with their contact details.